An AP 3D student carves a pumpkin shaped sculpture that will become a mine, with ladders, tunnels, and maybe even some play with light... Super cool.
First Grade at Watson are getting into the Fall Spirit with line and shape, drawing and pasting pumpkins onto their painted paper- Great multi-media task!
Ready, set GOals!
Well, the goals are SET! Thank you for being so thoughtful and reflective during this practice. I am excited to support you all throughout this year's work during common planning time, monthly meetings and professional development time. I am able to see your information posted on TeachPoint so that I can assist in the arts teacher evaluation process. I am setting a goal for myself to be in all classrooms to do at least one unannounced observation for teachers of whom I am not the primary evaluator.
The next step in the process is to complete the SLG and PPG Activity Plans. These two documents are listed in your TeachPoint documents- if you do not see it populated in the list when you open up your documents, go to the green "new" tab and click on each in the drop down menu. This is the document that you use to plan the tasks, activities, resources, assessments for your goals. It's the road map.. The format of the document is not set up in columns like the previous documents, so my suggestion is to NUMBER your activities so that in each section of the document, these are attached to the referent resource/assessment/indicator/evidence... These are due on October 30th. Let me know if you need help!
- Grades 6-12 Learning Walk for Fine and Performing Arts was postponed from this Wednesday to next Wednesday. The goal feedback took priority! I will visit all art and music classrooms during this day to get a baseline as to what tasks we are planning, what vocab we use with kids, and what verbs drive these. I will report out in next Friday's Blog!
- Monthly Meetings:
- Durfee Team will have their monthly Department Meeting on Wednesday, October 17th at 2:45.
- The K-5 Art Team will meet on Thursday, October 25th to work on a list of new lessons/tasks that they can bring to the table at the next few monthly meetings- we will demo these listed new concepts (weaving, different paint techniques, 3D, relief...) during the November, December and January department meetings! This month's meeting will be at Silvia- 3:45.
- The K-5 Music Team met already this month- no additional October meeting.
- The 6-8 Art and Music Teams will meet virtually on Thursday October 25th from 3:45 to 4:45 PM to work on maps.
- Durfee's Got TALENT Show is Friday, October 19th at 8 PM! See you here! $3.00 at the door for the best show EVER!
And I am going to end with this link to a short but sweet clip- I walked into the Intro to Guitar class today and a student was practicing this... It's amazing how a piece can evoke such emotion- so powerful. Twitter Link
Have a wonderful weekend!