Clientmoji

This week, in the BLOG:

  • Reminders
  • Calendar Stuff
  • 4th Quarter Pep Talk
Reminders:
  • LESSON PLANS- Thank you to those who have consistently loaded their lessons into Google Classroom- I missed a week last week, and I apologize for that.  I look at these every Tuesday morning, and have even set up my calendar with a block of uninterrupted time to do this important work.  Please remember to upload your plans into the GC weekly.  Also, if you have anything for the good of the group, feel free to share in the GC.. we have a few people who do this a lot!  Let's keep it going!  Thank you.
  • EVALUATIONS- All teachers are evaluated towards the end of the year (one and two year teachers have different dates- see TeachPoint for specific details), and part of that process involves the loading of evidence that supports your work for the PPG, SLG and the four standards.  Don't wait until the end to start this collection!  My suggestion is to keep a running list/doc of what you will add for each, and to make sure that as you think about your SLG, think about what data you will use to show growth.  In addition to that, think about what strategies/tasks/scaffolds you put in place to boost this growth... Here's an example- if my goal is to get 5th graders to improve their ability to draw from observation in a variety of media, I will show a series of assessments of this work, some examples from Sept, Nov, Feb, Mar, May.. and also an example of a lesson that supported this learning.  I might also show what "helpers" or scaffolds I gave to students who needed it.  
  • K-12 Arts Expo- We are still busy prepping for this huge event.  Please let me know if you need anything.  I have extra labels, and more kraft paper that I can cut if you need it.  Also, know that we will be putting work up starting when you arrive here at Durfee on that day- I will have the bifolds set up by school.  You can either bring your student work rolled up in your car, or have it delivered here.  If you choose to have it delivered, you need to email me with that request by Thursday the 14th.
  • May Monthly Department Meeting- This will be back in place for K-8 art teachers (we used the past months time to prep for the expo).  Monday May 2nd- virtual meeting with Abby and Rochelle.  
Calendar Stuff:
  • Term 4 Grades Due- 4/8
  • Durfee Faculty Meeting- 4/12
  • Durfee PT Conference- 4/13
  • No School- 4/15
  • April Vacation- 4/18-4/22
  • April Dept Meeting Durfee (Arts Expo)- 4/27
  • Arts Expo- 4/27
  • May K-8 Dept Meeting- 5/2
  • Solo Fest- 5/10
  • Morton Spring Concert- 5/17
  • Durfee Spring Concert- 5/19
  • Kuss Concert- 5/24
  • Talbot Concert- 5/25
And lastly, I am sharing one of my favorite 4th Quarter Pep Talks.  You don't have to like sports AT ALL to understand what this powerful speaker has to say.  Some of our kids could really use a "push" like this right now.. feel free to share. 


Coaches push, mentors pull.
Even if, in stead of what if.
Lean in, ALL IN.
Head, mouth, heart, feet.  
Mindset- all in.
Trust the process, trust each other.
How you do anything is how you do everything...

Have a great week!
Jackie


Comments