The Impact of AND and So- June 14, 2024

 Man, that was one busy WEEK!

This is a very weird blog, because it's my last blog.  I have learned SO much from this team, and if you want to know, what I hang my hat on as I leave next Tuesday will be that throughout these nine years, I have built a power team in Fall River.  Our kids deserve the best, and you bring that to them.  Working in a city school system is not easy street- that we know from experience.  And so many times, we see students in other urban districts who either do not have access to programs (have you seen how many places are cutting arts?) or have art/music but teachers are given bare bones supplies/instruments.  I am PROUD to say that we are a model program, and many other urban districts look to YOU for inspiration.  So, lean into that. 

Through this team, I have learned the power of the word AND and SO.

Here is what I mean.

You are AND people.  Not SO. 

You SAY "Yup, my kids are learning to speak a new language AND they are able to make really great art.  

You DON'T say, "My kids are learning to speak a new language SO they can't make really great art."

You SAY "My orchestra students struggle because they may not have means for private lessons AND they still rise, and perform at high levels."

You DON'T say, "My kids don't have the opportunity to pay for private lessons SO they can't compete with other district's orchestras.

Through your belief in our students, you give them the power of AND.  This mindset is what makes you great, what makes you loved, what makes Fall River special.

Love you all so much,

Jackie

Comments