As we wait for the state recommendations for reopening in the fall, I am thinking ahead. Here are some things that are on my mind...
Content Specific Stuff:
- Use of online platforms for content- Google Arts and Culture, Quaver, Soundation, FlipGrid etc..
- Choice of "text" for instrumental programs that match our situation's needs
- Ways to use Google Classroom, Sites, Meeting and Slides that are innovative
- Supply use in the classroom
- Norming behavior around cleaning between classes for students (during the closing)
- Communication with parents around use of "shared" supplies/objects
General "School" Stuff:
- Plan for use of tech/learning spaces for homes with more than one student (can be discussed in advisory at school as "What I Need" at home to learn)
- Norms for online behavior- district/teachers will need to norm expectations for kids: when online in classrooms- be present (not with camera off), be on time (will tardiness to logging on be an issue), be active learners (contribute to conversation)
- Expectation for families who opt out of face to face (if that's allowed) for all content areas
- First few weeks of school- usually we have open houses.. is there a way to still keep this tradition, but do it virtually?
Here are some GOALS I have bouncing around in my head for the fall:
- Norm virtual instructional practices and tech options for teaching art and music online.
- Design tasks that promote engaging interactions for all grade levels online.
- Develop a scope and sequence to our maps that "connects" online learning to face to face learning so that students can continuously stay accountable to the work planned.
Nuts and Bolts Stuff:
- Don't forget to get your grades in- make sure you are following the K-5, 6-8 or 9-12 grading info.
- If you have any pics of CHALK ART, get those into the Slide Show! Here is the link: LINK
- Instruments- We have made attempts to retrieve instruments from students (some have been returned) and will continue to do so until the end of the year, and then will continue to try to get these back in the fall.
- Last day of school for teachers is June 22.
- First day of school for teachers is Tuesday, September 1.
I leave you with a video that I shared on Twitter last night that I absolutely love- Here is Ellen Wang, from Durfee, playing for Ms. Nicole Laprise Turgeon as she prepares to be adjudicated for VIRTUAL SOLO FEST.. LINK TO VIDEO
Thank you ALL!