THE ARTS ARE ALIVE IN FALL RIVER!
Our Durfee Band and Color Guard visited the three Middle Schools today to excited and engage our kids! Hoping to see more 9th graders joining the marching band, drum core and flags!
I have heard this phrase from several people in the past few weeks, and that is a tribute to the work that the TEACHERS OF OF THE FALL RIVER PUBLIC SCHOOLS do EVERY DAY with OUR KIDS. I appreciate my teachers EVERY WEEK, not just this one! We have a great, strong team. Let's keep this momentum going- we have five more weeks of school!
Keep those tasks engaging, relevant and COOOOOOL...
Here are a few examples of some tasks I wanted to share!
Gary Bigelow's Music and Audio Students are working through synthesis and creating original timbres, as they write out algorithms- Gary called it "Music Meets Math!"
Ms. Pereira's Art 1 students used watercolors to experiment with color, and then used black ink to "find" forms in their experimentation- then identifying foreground and background by using black to create this depth.
And take a look at our students at SOLO FEST! This great event was held here at Durfee on Tuesday- soooo many kids, so many trophies!
Some ARTS Updates, Nuts and Bolts!
- DHS is traveling to the Great East Adjudication Festival on Saturday! Wish them luck as they are judged on their performances in band, chorus and orchestra!
- DHS Faculty Meeting is Tuesday- May 14th.
- The Durfee Festival of the Arts is Friday, May 17th, from 5-7PM! We will be giving away 100 DICK BLICK pencil cases, donated by Dick Blick for the event! Let's talk it up with our kids! First 100 through the door get the art supplies!
- Calculus, The Musical will be here at Durfee on Friday the 17th!
- Durfee Alumni Concert is Wednesday the 22nd!
- DHS Dept meeting is May 22nd.
- DHS Senior Awards Night- May 23rd.
- Talbot, Morton and Kuss band, orchestra and chorus and will be heading to their adjudication festival on Friday May 24th! Good Luck!
- Band Parent Night (Our Newbies)- May 28th- 7:15 PM
- Orchestra Parent Night (Our Newbies)- May 30th- 7:15 PM
- 5th Grade RI Phil Concert- May 22!
Have a wonderful weekend!