I have some really cool things to share this week... First, some pics...
Ms. Zema with a student from HLCS- melts my heart.
Durfee's Ms. Terry teaching Acting
Durfee's Nolin Freitas and his GOLD KEY!
Ms. Moniz from Talbot pushing a Close Read of an Escher!
Ms. Souza's Band at Talbot, getting ready for All City!
Ms. McGillicudy headed over to Tansey this week, and it's like she never left! Digging into SYNTHESIS in Art with work replicating an artist's style..
Sharing from Ms. McG's Art Cart!
- O.K., most of you know our beloved Michela Gardner, Morton Music Teacher, and lead teacher for All City Chorus, but take a minute to listen to her sing acapella on her band's new release... available to listen to on Spotify! I am listening to it as I write this, and I'm dancing in my yoga ball chair.. Here's the link: 8TRX
- Our 3rd graders from Fonseca, HLCS, Spencer Borden and Tansey attended the New Bedford Symphony Orchestra's Orchestra as Ecosystem- Symphony as Symbiosis. Our kids were so excited. Check out their adorable expressions in the Fall River Herald's coverage of this event: Herald Article
- All City Band and Orchestra Concerts are COMING UP!!! Hope to see you all there! These events will be held in Durfee's Nagle Auditorium on April 3rd and 4th. Check out the Flyer for more info...
- Art teachers, there are three weeks of school until the K-12 Arts EXPO!
- The event will be held on the 26th of April, from 5 to 7 PM in Durfee's Nagle Auditorium Wing.
- I will share the Flyer in three languages in this week's email and will send you color copies to put up in your schools!
- Please continue use your monthly department meeting time to prepare for the show, and CPT if possible.
- I will be asking as I did last year for art teachers to be released for a half day on any day between Monday and Thursday of the Arts Expo Week, so they can come to Durfee to hang the work.
- 3/30- Good Friday
- 4/3- All City Band 6PM
- 4/4- All City Orchestra 6PM
- 4/5- Release Time Day- Teacher Led
- 4/6- End of Term 3
- 4/10- Durfee Faculty Meeting
- 4/26- Arts EXPO 5-7PM
- 5/2-5/6- Band/Orch/Chorus/Theater Trip to Disney!
- 5/10 Durfee Festival of the Arts/Spring Concert
- 5/14- Solo Fest
Have a wonderful weekend!