- First, let's give a ROUND of applause and thanks to our presenters from the Tuesday Professional Development Sessions! It was great to see the team authentically engaged in some solid strategies!
- The Special Needs in the Music Classroom presentation by Mary Zema can be found HERE.
- The Blendspace on How to Build a Google Quiz for Measuring Student Learning Goal Data can be found here: Google Forms Tutorial
- The ARTS Frameworks draft can be found HERE.
- The Adapted Art, Tips and Tricks presentation can be found HERE.
- Mark Carvalho's Google Classroom for Planning for Rigorous Tasks and Talk is pbwwpam. Join!
Thanks to Mary Zema, Chelsea Valois, Becky Jontos and Mark Carvalho for sharing some great "implementable" tips and tricks to add to our tool boxes!
Here are a slew of pictures from this week!
An RPA Art Student
And an RPA Art Lesson...
Our fearless Durfee Music Students at Tuesday's PD Day!
Talking about modes of assessment...
Amazing Art Faculty collaborating!
Notes, notes and more notes...
A very gracious staff was greeted by this amazing and heart felt donation... <3
Mary Zema really knows her stuff!
Chelsea Valois shared some great ideas for teachers to try with students with specific needs!
Mark Carvalho, seen here withOUT a BostonMaki print, showing us how he gets our kids to talk using puzzle pieces, technology and google classroom!
Mapping is some hard work!
Ahhh, behold the new Arts Frameworks!
Check out these students in Ms. Zema's piano class- she scaffolds the learning by using these visuals so everyone can achieve and be a musician! Kudos, Mary!
Heather Pereira's Sculpture Student's work inspired by Louise Nevelson!
This picture does NOT do this piece justice! It will be amazing when completed, and off to Scholastic Art and Writing Awards! Fingers crossed!
In the News This Week...
We have a LOT going on!
- NBSO will be at Fonseca and Letourneau on Tuesday the 13th of November! So excited to see this in action! Our third graders are so lucky to have the New Bedford Symphony coming to perform with and for THEM!
- The Michael Troy Tribute Concert! Its Sunday the 18th! Get your tickets and support Durfee's Music Program! https://www.narrowscenter.org/the-music-of-michael-troy-11-18-18/
- Wednesday, November 21st is a release time day for all. Happy Thanksgiving- hope you have a well deserved break!
- Our Monthly Department Meetings:
- K-5 Art- Meeting at Silvia, 3:45 on Thursday November 29th- Rochelle and Beth will be modeling a printmaking/mono-print lesson
- K-5 Music- Meeting at Letourneau, 3:45 on Thursday, November 29th- Becky will be facilitating the group's conversation on Link Up and potentially the use of a new online curriculum
- 6-8 Art and Music- Meeting virtually from 3:45 to 4:45 on Thursday November 29th.
- Durfee Department Meeting- Wednesday, November 28th- 2:45-3:45 in Room 77!
Bringing back my ARTS AROUND TOWN Section!
- Check out this week's Coastin': http://www.heraldnews.com/coastin
- Narrows: https://www.showclix.com/events/26362
- New Bedford Art Museum: Hayley Morris! http://newbedfordart.org/current-exhibitions/
- Troy City Beer, Opening Soon- Support Local Artists! https://www.troycitybeer.com/
Have a wonderful week, everyone!