If you are reading this, you survived the week before Winter Break!
These six aptitudes that you continue to model for them will help them to be successful long after they leave us, and they have you to thank for that!
Collaboration and Growth:
- January is a time for new beginnings! We will be having a PD day on the 30th where I will be planning some great things for K-8 Music and Art teachers. Please check in with your building principals to ask if you can attend in the morning. Details will be sent when we return from break with specifics.
- Also, for Durfee teachers, we will be having part two of our differentiated PD with other Durfee staff, and you will also have an hour to be with me in the afternoon.
- I would like to continue with the idea of the K-8 monthly department meeting beign held after the PD day so we don't have to reconvene on another afternoon.
New Year, NEW ME:
- For Durfee Faculty, we discussed at the leadership meeting that we would like to instill a few key "resolutions for a solid month of learning".. Here's what I would like us to commit to:
- Ready to Learn: Cell phones away, hats off, hoods off heads.
- Solid Attendance: Try taking CLASS attendance during your work period so that you have absolutely accurate data. (VPs look at report and notice that lots of students who come in late are not marked present afterward, and thus labeled as cutting- taking attendance during the work period will not only eliminate this, but also allow you to give your lesson first, and then take attendance when you release the students into the work period)
- To Pass or not To Pass: Students who ask to go to the bathroom, office or nurse NEED A school pass. Use the agendas or passes. Let me know if you need any.
Evaluation Nuts and Bolts, Continued:
On the Calendar...
Also, teachers, please know that in January, you will have three Mondays with no classes- 1/2, 1/16 and 1/30! Plan ahead!
Have a wonderful break!