A few pics to start off the weekend!
Ms. Valois' HLCS Students experiencing the wonder of Symmetry!
Ms. Laprise's Morton Students practicing for All City!
Mr. Beauregard's Watson Kindergarten Students working with Percussion Instruments!
In the News This Week:
- Band, Orchestra and Chorus have been busy practicing for All City Concerts! The Band and Orchestra are performing next week, Band on April 3, and Orchestra on April 4th. If you have never seen our All City, this year will be a even BIGGER surprise for you!
- Art teachers are preparing for the BIGGEST ART SHOW AROUND!!! The FRPS K-12 ARTS EXPO is Thursday, April 26th from 5-7PM, occupying Durfee's Auditorium Wing.
- Lots of visits to classrooms happened this week! So great to see teachers implementing strategies they learned from each other, as they pushed students to apply, perform, experiment, design, revise.... Great work happening!
- FlipGrid is being used in music classrooms! Want a refresher from our PD? Check this out: FlipGrid Tutorial
Some food for Thought...
Check out this excerpt from an article I found on Teaching Students To Critique... It applies to either art, music or theater and is exactly ALIGNED with our PD on Close Read in the Arts:
- Tuesday, April 3- All City Band 6:30PM
- Wednesday, April 4- All City Orchestra 6:30 PM
- Thursday, April 5th- Release Time Day
- Friday, April 6th- END OF TERM 3
- Tuesday, April 10th- Durfee Faculty Meeting
- April 16th-20th- Spring Break
- Thursday, April 26th- K-12 ARTS EXPO, 5-7PM
Have a wonderful, three day weekend!