In this Monday-Thursday-Friday snow-week, we still rocked it! Here are some pics from the third grade music field trip to the Zeiterion to see the New Bedford Symphony Orchestra perform the Orchestra as Ecosystem show. What a great interdisciplinary event, mixing science with music, and showing our kids the parallels between balance in the ecosystem and in musical compositions... So cool!
In the News This Week:
- We have been awarded a grant of $3,400.00 from BayCoast Bank to support the collaborative project between Durfee's Fine and Performing Arts, Social Studies, UMD, Lafayette Durfee House and Mass in Motion. We will be building sculptures and acting in an event on May 5th. The event will take place on the Quequechan Rail Trail, and visitors will be able to "Walk a Mile" in the shoes of a Fall River resident from the late 1800's Mill History... Sculpture classes will be constructing huge "shoes" that visitors can step into, thus walking a mile in the person depicted by the UMD and Durfee students acting out each rich narrative. Love it!
- Band and Orchestra teachers are busy preparing students for the upcoming All City Band and Orchestra Concerts! These will be held on Tuesday and Wednesday, April 3rd and 4th respectively. The concerts are at Durfee's Auditorium, and hope to see you there!
- Planning ahead! Stay tuned- we only have 27 work days until the Annual FRPS ARTS EXPO! Art teachers are busy getting student work labeled and ready for the huge event! It will be held on Thursday, April 26th from 5 to 7 PM. So excited!
- End of Trimester Two- TODAY! Friday, March 16
- Good Friday- Friday, March 30
- Early Release- Thursday, April 5 (teacher led)
- Spring Break- April 16-22
*Rescheduled from this week- the ARTS Learning Walk for grades 6-12 will be Wednesday, March 21!
Thank you, and have a great weekend!