In the News This Week:
- Durfee Performing Arts Students are Disney-ing it up! Festival Disney is open to middle and high school concert bands, jazz ensembles, marching (parade) bands and orchestras. After sprucing up their performance skills and gaining a competitive edge, students seize the opportunity to explore the magic of the Walt Disney World Resort theme parks!
- Five of our middle school students are attending SEMSBAs Annual Junior Festival today and tomorrow, playing with students from other schools, improving their skills and making new friends! We wish them luck!
- Jayson Newell, Doran Music Teacher has been working on more blended learning stations with his crew! Here are some pictures from his class!
- Mark Carvalho's AP2D Class has been working SUPER hard preparing their portfolios for the AP 2D Exam... Next week, they arrive at the finish line! Yay!
- Matt MacMullen's AP Music Theory Class has also been preparing for their exam, and will be showing us what they've got next week! Best of luck to them!
- Schools are building master schedules for next year, and teachers are submitting their supply orders (Due to me on May 11th) for the 2018/19 School Year... It's hard to believe, but we are in the HOME STRETCH!
- The Arts Expo was a huge success last Thursday- thanks go out to all of you who slaved over that roll of 48" Kraft Paper, pasting, taping, stapling art work in preparation... It is a lot of work, yes. Nonetheless, it is IMPORTANT work, and essential in showing the community the greatness that happens in your classrooms every day, every year.
- Finally, a HUGE SHOUT Out to Barbara Mullen, Heather Pereira and Brenda Gaudette for building the shoe sculptures with their classes. What an amazing feat (no pun intended)! And the videos of the narrated bios are simply amazing... These will all be available soon through a QR code that will be assigned to each clip. Thanks to Pauline McGrath in FRED TV for getting these done for us!
On the Calendar:
Middle School Concerts:
Have a wonderful weekend!