Week Ending November 19th, 2021

 

Our Friend, J Lavoie (above) with a message for FRPS Students- feel free to play in your classes for a little hometown inspo!

This week, I will try to express my gratitude by using these humble words to say that I want you to know how much you mean to your students and to me.  Whether it's an "I love this class" or an "I don't want to miss my strings/band lesson" or a "thanks Miss/Mr..".. your kids love you, and so do I.  Super grateful for you all on this team- our team.
  As Thanksgiving nears, we are always asked,"what are we grateful for?"  Why does it matter that we are here for each other, and for our kids?  Well, we DO MATTER.  YOU DO MATTER.. the work you do every day matters.  Coming to school when you really don't feel like it (even I have those days LOL) MATTERS.  The work is extra tough this year, but we can't let TOUGH WIN.  We were here before TOUGH was TOUGH, and we will be here when it's not TOUGH anymore.  Everyone can steer a ship in calm seas- it's in the storm that we test our mettle in terms of how we navigate.  My dad had a 4th grade education, but he was a genius in navigating.. and his sea captain heart taught me one thing.  Be stronger than the storm.

In the News This Week: 

  • Why You Matter Pictures- Stone
  • Christmas Parade
  • December K-8 Department Meeting
Why You Matter at STONE SCHOOL:
Chelsea Valois took these amazing pics of the kids at Stone.  If you would like to know more about the Why You Matter Campaign or want to do something like this at your school, please let me know!  I can help.  We have half of the pictures up, and it looks amazing already!



Christmas Parade:
On Saturday, December 4th, the City of Fall River will hold its annual Christmas Parade.  Schools will be represented there with floats, music and lots of fun.  

December K-8 Department Meeting:
We will meet virtually again on Monday December 6th from 4-5.  Here is the LINK to the Art meeting, and here is the LINK to the music meeting!  

And check out the new Fall River MoCA Exhibit this weekend!

Have a great weekend, and see you for the short week!
-Jackie



Comments