Friday, November 6th, 2020

 

A "Sign" of the Times...

Remote Control:
What a wonderful day we had on Tuesday!  Thank you ALL for being so open to learning new things, rolling up your virtual sleeves and trying new ways of engaging our students using technology!  I would love to ask you to keep sharing these- and please, give yourself credit by...
  1. Please consider linking these (and other future) videos in your lesson plans when you submit them to your building lead!   My goal was for all of us to brush up on tips for video making, and then actually have dedicated TIME to PUT THAT INTO PRACTICE... I heard back from many who said that they had 1. FUN, and 2. Learned A LOT by DOING.
  2. Please also "enroll" in the course if you have not done so in TeachPoint!  Get Credit!

Next Steps.. I will continue to dig into the use of Screencastify, and combine it with Blendspace/Drive the next time we meet.  My goal will be to model types of tasks using these platforms.

The next PLC is not until Wednesday the 18th, due to no school on the 11th (Veteran's Day).  

The Quaver PD was also great- and recorded for all- I emailed the link to you on Wednesday if yo would like to look at it!

Finally, I have loved watching all of your videos you shared with me.. I am thinking of a way to put them in a doc to share.  Stay tuned!

The Wednesday PD Day OSCARS...
So, let's have some fun here... your videos were ALL great.  But, I wanted to have some fun with them so let me give a few Remote Learning Oscars out:

The Master Plan: 
This week, in the master plan section of the blog, I wanted to take a moment to check in on just that.  PLANNING.  Please email me if you need help planning for your lessons- I mean that!  Anyone, anytime.  I can be a sounding board for thoughts, a springboard for ideas, or just an ear.  Thank you to those who have been sharing their lessons weekly with me!

Calendar Items:
  • No school on Wednesday the 11th, as it is Veteran's Day- that means we will not have PLC meetings that week. They will resume on the 18th.
  • End of Term 1 is the 13th.
  • Wednesday the 25th is a half day for Thanksgiving break- no school that Thursday and Friday.
  • And then we come back and BOOM, it's December!
Thank you!
-Jackie


Comments