Friday, December 11th, 2020

 ..With 8 days until the holiday break, we are all feeling the weight of 2020- I consider myself a pretty positive person, and I have to admit, this has been a tough one.  But- that being said, as long as I can lay my head down on the pillow at night and know that I did my best by and for my team, then I am happy.  And lately, I hit that pillow a LOT earlier, and a lot more mentally tired than physically!  Our days have really taken a shift to going from moving about to being a little more "stationary" in front of the glowing screen.  Try to take a little stretch break, with kids or solo.. get your "teacher yoga flow" game on!  


It sounds silly, I know, but working online can be strenuous on your back, neck and shoulders!  

I think we should do the "Recreating the Masters" during break.. ;)

In The News This Week:
  • I sent an email asking to share tutorial videos so I can upload them to our YouTube Channel- thank you to those who sent them over!  I sent you back the URL so you can also access these there if you need to!  Anyone still wanting to send your videos along, PLEASE DO!  Just send them to me!  Here's the Channel Link!
  • The Holiday FlipGrid.. It's like Aunt Jane spiked the punch with some of Vovo's moonshine.. Click here to submit: https://flipgrid.com/b0e0843c and have fun!
  • Next week, we will have our last PLC of 2020.  Check in on how it's going, share of FlipGrids and some holiday surprise cheer being sent your way.. stay tuned and look in ya'mailboxes!
  • Wednesday the 23rd is a release time day for faculty and students.  
  • Kudos to ALL OF YOU who have accepted change into your daily routines like PROS.  I can't even express how proud I am when I see all you are doing with technology, your planning, your kids, kids' parents, colleagues.. it's amazing.  Thank you.  I am so grateful for you.
  • Kerin McG shared a doc for people to sign up to share demo time during PLC- Click here to add yourself.
  • Nick Quigley- would you like to facilitate something like this for January in music PLC?
Remote Control:
  • It feels like we will be in this remote world for a while, so I would like to start planning when we get back from break how to collaboratively share student work.  We will brainstorm in PLC in January- for art and music... start thinking, how will this work, look, sound, feel?  Who will we share it with?  Virtual Performances?  Virtual Art exhibits? The possibilities are out there!
  • Have you looked at this: https://classroom.relay.school/
    • Super easy to use and it enables you to look at student screens in your Google Classrooms.
Quick Reminders:
  • Share lessons with me on Monday!
  • Stay hydrated!
  • If out, continue to put tasks for students in GC or Seesaw!
  • Make art and music with kids!
  • Do the FlipGrid!
  • Smile and laugh- remember, we will get through this together!

Have a great weekend!
-Jackie






Comments