Friday, February 26th, 2021

 



My Accountability Calendar for MARCH!!

As the COVID data is starting to show a decline in cases, and it also sounds like the state will be releasing some adjustments to the plans for the way we "do school," I am readjusting my sails, and will be using my good, old fashioned white board calendar to plan visits to ACTUALLY see you all!  I call it the Accountability Calendar- but that accountability is MINE- meaning, I hold MYSELF accountable to being there for YOU.  I'll be coming through and checking in with all of you- Elementary teachers, if you are on a cart, can you email me with your rooms/schedule for that day?  THANK YOU!!

In the News This Week:
  • State Info Regarding Returning to Schools: Please read this DOCUMENT if you would like to know more about what DESE communicated Tuesday.
  • Fall River Public Schools Central Office will be in communication soon with how this will affect us K-12.
  • I have not seen anything yet regarding specifics as to changes in recommendations for band, chorus, or art.  I will communicate these as soon as I have them, and we will collaborate on how this will work for us.
  • The 2021/22 Fine and Performing Arts Budget: On Monday night, I presented to the school committee my requests for the department.  This included:
    • All positions we currently hold
    • An additional teacher leader stipend of $4,000 for three teachers- a K-8 Art, K-8 Music and a Band/Orchestra K-12 lead.  
    • $16,000 to cover Quaver K-8 Curriculum
    • $20,000 for implementation of a Theater program at all middle schools- ($5K at Morton, Kuss and Talbot and $5K for HLCS and Doran to share)
    • ALL of these requests were met with approval at the school committee level.  I will be in communication as the year progresses to let you know where we are, but it's looking GOOD.
  • I have applied for a Greater Fall River Development Corp Ed Fund grant- I requested $10,000 to cover 4 portable high quality sound systems for the middle schools to use for Theater, Band, Chorus and Orchestra.  They will be reviewing all applications next week- I will let you know if we get LUCKY!
Back Into the SWING of THINGS?
  • Hoping that you had a chance to charge those creative teaching batteries while we were on Vacation!
  • I learned a new thing!  On FlipGrid, did you know that you can make a "quiz" out of the prompt?  I will run through this in PLC next week.. super cool.
  • Thank you to all of my one year faculty who completed their Formative Evals!  Please take a look at any recommendations- my tip for you- put them on a sticky note somewhere and when that type of evidence comes your way, try to add it to your Collection of Evidence Form.  That way, you are not fishing for it in May!
  • This week, we used PLC time to get those annual Conflict of Interest Trainings done.  If you have not yet done this, please make sure you do it and get the two documents to your building clerk- they have to forward it to the City Clerk by March 1!  The link and the doc are in the email I sent to all on Wednesday (PLC email).
  • Next week, we will meet in PLC groups on Google Meet.  
    • We will be touching base on Virtual Galleries (art)
    • We will be checking in on lesson planning (K-5 art and music will meet together)
    • We will be revisiting the 6-8 song idea using FlipGrid
Thank you!
-Jackie

Comments