Friday, June 18th, 2021

The LAST BLOG ENTRY for the 2020/21 School Year...  

I have two quotes in my head, each from a very different perspective, but both resonate with me as we wrap up this school year.  

The First:

Success is a worn down pencil.   -Robert Rauschenberg

And the Second:

Everybody's got a plan until you get punched in the face.  -Mike Tyson

Bear with me here as I ground my two thoughts in reasoning... One, I DO feel like a worn down pencil.  And, you know what?  I thought I'd be dying for this year to end with all of the restrictions, guidelines, and planning on how to be safe and still creative during a Pandemic.  Nonetheless, I am feeling accomplished, on behalf of my team of the unbelievable work we did this year, despite all of those restrictions.

Two, I DO feel like we were dealt a firm jab to the jaw, back in March of 2020- but how we dealt with it- planning ahead for the fall, and keeping kids engaged through art and music, online and in person, with style and grace.. was simply amazing.  I know we will come back stronger than before, and rise up like the winner of a 15 round K.O. battle in the ring.

So, as we wrap up the school year, I will say it again, and again.. THANK YOU for BEING YOU.  And I will see you on the FLIP SIDE.  Take some time to rest, celebrate, enjoy the company of your friends and family.


Sending you love and strength,

-Jackie


Comments