Tuesday Arts Blog- February 1st, 2022

Durfee Student Art Work

Welcome to another Tuesday Arts Blog!

This week started with a snow day, so I feel a little behind.  We have the PD day coming up this Friday, and I am just finalizing the locations for us, but the plan was shared in an email earlier today.  I am really trying to get everyone together here at Durfee, but the parking is what's worrying me.  I will communicate a decision tomorrow based on the amount of spaces in the lot at noon here at Durfee, and will make the call at that point.  So, for now, we have the day planned out meeting at Durfee, but I have a backup location if parking looks like it will be a struggle.  I don't want you all to stress as you are coming over!  Stay tuned for a Wednesday email.

With the end of Semester one, our 6-12 teachers wrapped up with students, and posted grades last week, and most said good bye to students, and welcomed new students into the classroom.  This week is the start of week two and as I walked through some of the new classes today, it was great to see a kind of "business as usual" vibe- students working, learning, doing.. good stuff happening in the arts!

Ms. Morrison's HLCS K Students Working on Texture

Planning Ahead:

  • Friday, February 4th- K-8 PD Day: Morning sessions to be planned in buildings, PM session with department.
  • Monday, February 7th- NO MONTHLY DEPT MEETING- we will have just met on Friday.
  • Wednesday, February 9th- 1 Year eval plan teachers- this is the deadline for Formatives to be in on TerachPoint (three additional days due to Snow Days).
  • Monday, February 21st- Friday, February 25th- Winter Vacation- Math Program will be running Tuesday through Friday.. Thank you to those who submitted their interest in working this program!
  • Monday, March 7th- Early Release Day for All Teachers AND March Dept Meeting (attached to PD Day) for K-8 Teachers.
  • Friday, March 18th- End of Trimester 2 for K-5 schools.

    Closing thought: I know the job is hard, and I want you to know that if you are struggling, you can reach out for help.  Email me, call me, text me.  I am here for you.  That's my job, and I truly feel happy when I can help you to have a better day.

    Have a great night, everyone,
    Jackie

    Comments