It's (Gonna Be) MAAAAY!

 

breaking news, I love you

So, I know that in your buildings, you have probably gotten a message of thanks during this teacher appreciation week.. well, I hope that you know HOW MUCH I APPRECIATE all of YOU!  I know that I try to communicate that in all that I do- whether it's in a Blog post, or in a meeting, I message that to you and am sincere.  Nonetheless, I ALSO try to communicate my appreciation for my team through what I do.  Programming, curriculum stuff, supplies, problem solving, brainstorming new stuff.. these are the ways I want you all to know that I try to "put my money where my mouth is" as much as I can.  You are the best team in this district in my opinion LOL- and I want to treat you as such.  So, as always, let me know if there is anything that I can do for you and I will do whatever I can to make it happen.  Thank you!

In the Blog this Week:

  • Planning Ahead for PERFORMANCES:
    • Solo Fest is coming up on Tuesday, May 10th!  Band and Orchestra students from all grades will be coming to Durfee to be adjudicated by a team of judges.  They will give feedback to our kids, and reward them for their dedication and hard work.. such a cool event!
    • Durfee Spring Concert is Thursday May 19th!
    • Kuss Spring Concert is Tuesday May 24th!
    • Talbot Spring Concert is Wednesday May 25th!
    • Morton Spring Concert is Tuesday June 7th!
    • Small Fry Concerts are June 1st and 2nd!
    • Talbot's Lion King Musical is June 9th and 10th!
    • Durfee Band will perform at Memorial Day Parade and at Durfee Graduation (June 3)!
  • We have 28 full days left of this school year.  On the last two half days (June 21-22), we will be getting together as a whole department.  I am tentatively scheduling this one hour meet up for Tuesday the 21st from 1-2PM.  I will be back in touch to finalize the details!
  • Evals- your evaluator has probably emailed or chatted with you to get the ball rolling for the end of year evaluation.  2 Year people- Your evals are due on TeachPoint by June 3rd, and 1 Year people, yours are due on TeachPoint by May 20th.  You will need to share your evidence with your evaluator one week prior to your meeting time.  If you are not meeting, you will need to share it one week prior to the TeachPoint deadline (above).  Let me know if you need help with any of this!  Newbies, please lean on us, your colleagues if you need assistance.

Check out this new project we are working on with Guidance, UMASS Dartmouth and Merrow Manufacturing..

Have an AWESOME weekend- to the Moms out there, you are a superpower in this world, and without you, we wouldn't be here.  Literally.

Jackie







Comments